Quietus Forum

An America's Army Brotherhood, Mostly!
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
B(.Y.)BS

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:06 pm

Hey guys Roberto told me to get my ass back on here and start spamming away my photos. So I'm saying hi and getting you all ready for the spam of images. To start you can check out my blog. Good to be back!

http://todd-duane.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
Saint
Caretaker
avatar

Posts : 217
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:19 pm

Good to have you back around here, man. I was wondering where you went. Married with children, Al Bundy style or something...

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://quietus.coolbb.net
B(.Y.)BS

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:34 pm

Nah been in school for photography working on my book. Not married but still with Miss Mona. I'm planning a trip right now to document roadside America from an old school delivery truck. A friend of mine is going to team up with me and we are gonna use all kinds of media to document the trip. We hope to get some grants. Right now we are in planning stages and are looking for the truck. When I get it I'll post some images of it. What have you guys been up to??
Back to top Go down
Ever



Posts : 143
Join date : 2009-05-19
Location : On a Quark

PostSubject: Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:14 pm

B(.Y.)BS wrote:
Hey guys Roberto told me to get my ass back on here and start spamming away my photos. So I'm saying hi and getting you all ready for the spam of images. To start you can check out my blog. Good to be back!

http://todd-duane.blogspot.com/

Welcome back Todd. Are you still in Vegas or Mizzou(I think you mentioned something about this)? I really dig the the pictures especially Dead Gas Station picture. Almost looks like a 3D game. I even set that as my background for my laptop.


O/T= Boobs, I'm thinking about buying Glock using either .45 ACP or .40 S&W or M1911(Probably Colt). I wanted to buy the new remington 700 SPS (all black with a Leupold scope) but it seemed to be too much money or a Ruger bolt action(M77 Tactical, both guns .223 rounds) with all the modifications. I already have a 30-.06 rifle, 8mm Mauser and like 7 shotguns (12-20 gauges) so I don't want to buy another one. I was going to purchase a Saiga, Gsg-5(remod it to a clone of MP5 hopefully with a .40 S&W round rather than .22) or a S&W AR-15 but the cost seemed to high for me. I was going to place reflex scope (Either Burris/EoTech) but that shit runs another 400 each, not to mention the expensive leupold scope. Also I don't know if you own a knife but buy a Buck Hook knife(if you hunt). I'm loving them. I loosened my allen key to make it like a semi-gravity knife and its the shit. I'm kinda mad since my stiletto/spyderco broke.
Back to top Go down
B(.Y.)BS

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:26 am

Ever wrote:
B(.Y.)BS wrote:
Hey guys Roberto told me to get my ass back on here and start spamming away my photos. So I'm saying hi and getting you all ready for the spam of images. To start you can check out my blog. Good to be back!

http://todd-duane.blogspot.com/

Welcome back Todd. Are you still in Vegas or Mizzou(I think you mentioned something about this)? I really dig the the pictures especially Dead Gas Station picture. Almost looks like a 3D game. I even set that as my background for my laptop.


O/T= Boobs, I'm thinking about buying Glock using either .45 ACP or .40 S&W or M1911(Probably Colt). I wanted to buy the new remington 700 SPS (all black with a Leupold scope) but it seemed to be too much money or a Ruger bolt action(M77 Tactical, both guns .223 rounds) with all the modifications. I already have a 30-.06 rifle, 8mm Mauser and like 7 shotguns (12-20 gauges) so I don't want to buy another one. I was going to purchase a Saiga, Gsg-5(remod it to a clone of MP5 hopefully with a .40 S&W round rather than .22) or a S&W AR-15 but the cost seemed to high for me. I was going to place reflex scope (Either Burris/EoTech) but that shit runs another 400 each, not to mention the expensive leupold scope. Also I don't know if you own a knife but buy a Buck Hook knife(if you hunt). I'm loving them. I loosened my allen key to make it like a semi-gravity knife and its the shit. I'm kinda mad since my stiletto/spyderco broke.

I'm still in Vegas. I found a bad ass photography program here at the College of Southern Nevada

Wow! That was an eye full. First off if you buy a glock, I'll shit in your pillowcase. Glocks suck. Get a Springfield XP. I'am offically a 1911 man now but I still love my HK USP. Fuck Colt too. They are too pricey. Look at Kimber and Springfield's 1911s. Unless you want ghey horses on your grips. Then get a colt. Your guess is as good as mine on your caliburs too. I know here it's impossible to find any ammo. There was 40 laying around but even that has gone dry. You should look at the mini 14s too they are a really cool fun cheap 223 to have fun with. Sounds like you have a lot on your mind. lol As for knives I like SOG. My buddy has a bad ass Applegate that is pretty sick.
Back to top Go down
Ever



Posts : 143
Join date : 2009-05-19
Location : On a Quark

PostSubject: Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:47 am

B(.Y.)BS wrote:
I'm still in Vegas. I found a bad ass photography program here at the College of Southern Nevada

Wow! That was an eye full. First off if you buy a glock, I'll shit in your pillowcase. Glocks suck. Get a Springfield XP. I'am offically a 1911 man now but I still love my HK USP. Fuck Colt too. They are too pricey. Look at Kimber and Springfield's 1911s. Unless you want ghey horses on your grips. Then get a colt. Your guess is as good as mine on your caliburs too. I know here it's impossible to find any ammo. There was 40 laying around but even that has gone dry. You should look at the mini 14s too they are a really cool fun cheap 223 to have fun with. Sounds like you have a lot on your mind. lol As for knives I like SOG. My buddy has a bad ass Applegate that is pretty sick.


Really? All the guys at my range would give glock a bj if they could. I used to be big into revolvers mostly .357's since my dad has a few. Ammo is nearly impossible to find around here too. I order from cabelas and it takes roughly 3 months to get like 3 ammo boxes of .223 rounds. My friends brother who trains the navy seals(works for boeing) has 3 safes filled with .223 ammo boxes. He used to be marine recon and shoots with the seals, he shot the .50Cal and said it was fucking amazing. He has roughly $30k of Ar-15 in one safe, quite ridiculous. Mini 14's look nice, has that tactical look to them. Yeah, I like to be well armed. I used to have a 12 gauge under my house bed until my mom found it lol. It wasnt loaded so it was all fine but she got all pissy and now its in a safe. At rutgers as well crime is going up for example, in November at my school there was crime that took place and so people are now getting rowdy about it. Shit it only happened around 20ft from where I live too lol. In my eyes its not really that bad too be honest. I've seen much worse.

http://publicsafety.rutgers.edu/rupd/crime.shtml (the second story)

As for knifes, my friend just gave me his brothers 6th spare Ka-Bar he had. Pretty sick knife must I say. I tend to prefer folding knifes just for easy of use but the badassery of non-folding are sick.
Back to top Go down
B(.Y.)BS

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:01 am

I do have to say that this falsely created ammo shortage is pissing me off. You can't even get target rounds anywhere in town because all the jack offs are hoarding it like it's going to be melted down into Obama statues or something. I did an editorial photo for one of my classes on the subject. Check it out.

http://todd-duane.blogspot.com/2009/11/hoarding-house.html
Back to top Go down
Ever



Posts : 143
Join date : 2009-05-19
Location : On a Quark

PostSubject: Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:29 pm

B(.Y.)BS wrote:
I do have to say that this falsely created ammo shortage is pissing me off. You can't even get target rounds anywhere in town because all the jack offs are hoarding it like it's going to be melted down into Obama statues or something. I did an editorial photo for one of my classes on the subject. Check it out.

http://todd-duane.blogspot.com/2009/11/hoarding-house.html

I think its a monopoly to be honest. Its just another version of gas. I can't find hollowpoints anymore due to jack offs around here. People think, Oh i'm a badass let me shoot hollowpoint since everyone on tv does it. Most people dont even know what hollowpoints do when they make contact. Is that a .357 snubnose? I'm guessing by the spare cylinder with it looks like to be .357 mag rounds. On right Is the gun to the far right a m1911? Most people dont even know what were are talking about lol. I think maybe Legion might be the only one who might have an idea.

I like the picture. It kind of reminds me of Sons of Anarchy esq type of thing. He actually looks like Opie as well ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:OpieWinston.jpg ) My friend actually believes a revolution will occur if America has a period of inflation.

Also this picture is sick.

http://todd-duane.carbonmade.com/projects/2132516#33
Back to top Go down
Epicurean

avatar

Posts : 66
Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 29
Location : Escondido, CA

PostSubject: Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:04 pm

Those pics remind me of Borderlands. (They're awesome btw!)

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/screenshots/medium/2009/06/borderlands-3.jpg

Cell shading, that's what I was looking for.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Legionnaire

avatar

Posts : 161
Join date : 2009-05-20
Age : 79
Location : Hell Rio, Tx

PostSubject: Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:06 am

FUCK MY LIFE.

I JUST WROTE A MASSIVE POST AND IT DIDNT GO THROUGH AND ITS NOW DISAPEARED INTO THE INTERNET ETHER

_________________
Back to top Go down
Legionnaire

avatar

Posts : 161
Join date : 2009-05-20
Age : 79
Location : Hell Rio, Tx

PostSubject: Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:16 am

ok, now that i got that out of the way, heres the gist of my post:

-TODD!!!! welcome back dude, long time no see!
- the red bearded guy with the tweaked mustache on your blog is a badass and hes my hero


- on ammo: circa 4 or 5 years ago ammo prices gradually ran up...
-2 reasons told to me on various forums a) war on terror had gobbled up existing supplies and had now eatin into the global ammo production capacity, slashing available supply. b) commodities bubble we all remember made all commodities prices soar, even lead, copper and brass that go into bullets
- i was anticipating a collapse in ammo prices with the comoditities collapse... but never came. around that time OBAMA anounced candidacy and scared every redneck and their daddy-uncle into thinking he was gonna bring in some massive tax or restrictions on ammo, so they started hoarding even tho this will never happen because the gun lobby in this country is so powerful, for better or worse. but theyre stupid, what do they know

-even tho Obama has been in office for a year and no sign of him doing this, prices remain high! why??? because now you have fear mongering Glenn beck and his cock sucking cronies telling everyone the end is nigh, and to prepare for revolution. so now the far right 10-15% of the nation owns practically 90% of the ammo in the world. hoarding it, for some elusive day of reckoning when the tea-baggers march on washington DC, firearms in hand, for some reason???

- even reloaders i know are saying its getting to pricey to even do that anymore as all the reloading supplies are getting gobbled up to.

-the question is, why havent market forces corrected this? why havent any entreprenaurs seen this massive demand, stepped in to build some factories and cash in on these absurd prices and intense demand?

my original post was about 3x longer and more indepth and with a lot more cursing and euphemisms, but whatever, this will do i hope


again,its great to see ya boobs! i look forward to the eye-sex youll be creating on your road trip :-D

_________________
Back to top Go down
B(.Y.)BS

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:18 am

Your answer on why we have no ammo is the wars. Our guys are starting to find Wolf ammo on insurgents and just the demand on lead is insane. There was a report with one of the tops at Remmington and he said that they are running four shifts and they have never done that before and demand is still the same. grrrrr
Back to top Go down
Ever



Posts : 143
Join date : 2009-05-19
Location : On a Quark

PostSubject: Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:10 am

Legionnaire wrote:
- on ammo: circa 4 or 5 years ago ammo prices gradually ran up...
-2 reasons told to me on various forums a) war on terror had gobbled up existing supplies and had now eatin into the global ammo production capacity, slashing available supply. b) commodities bubble we all remember made all commodities prices soar, even lead, copper and brass that go into bullets
- i was anticipating a collapse in ammo prices with the comoditities collapse... but never came. around that time OBAMA anounced candidacy and scared every redneck and their daddy-uncle into thinking he was gonna bring in some massive tax or restrictions on ammo, so they started hoarding even tho this will never happen because the gun lobby in this country is so powerful, for better or worse. but theyre stupid, what do they know

Agreed. A lot of people are still scared that he still will try to get the gun/ammo tax raised/brought upon. The gun lobbists>Gov't.

Legionnaire wrote:
-even tho Obama has been in office for a year and no sign of him doing this, prices remain high! why??? because now you have fear mongering Glenn beck and his cock sucking cronies telling everyone the end is nigh, and to prepare for revolution. so now the far right 10-15% of the nation owns practically 90% of the ammo in the world. hoarding it, for some elusive day of reckoning when the tea-baggers march on washington DC, firearms in hand, for some reason???

Glenn Beck is the epitome of douche bag. I think he just spits shit out of his mouth for the hell of it.

Legionnaire wrote:
even reloaders i know are saying its getting to pricey to even do that anymore as all the reloading supplies are getting gobbled up to.

Yes that is also true, however I find mags to be harder to find. I only really need one auto loader. As far as making my own bullets I have yet to do it, so I can not say what the situation is like.

Legionnaire wrote:
-the question is, why havent market forces corrected this? why havent any entreprenaurs seen this massive demand, stepped in to build some factories and cash in on these absurd prices and intense demand?

my original post was about 3x longer and more indepth and with a lot more cursing and euphemisms, but whatever, this will do i hope

Want to go into business JM and make bullets? However the price of lead is probably nearly 3x of what I can imagine. I am sad I missed out of your cursing posts. This problem wont end for a long ass time either.
Back to top Go down
Auctoris

avatar

Posts : 45
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 31
Location : Austin, TX, USA

PostSubject: Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:58 am

haha I just lost my post to the internet too. Poo!

Short version of my post: The History Channel, on a show, said the US military was going to stop making bullets out of lead for various reasons...true or no?
Back to top Go down
Epicurean

avatar

Posts : 66
Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 29
Location : Escondido, CA

PostSubject: Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:33 pm

Ever wrote:
Legionnaire wrote:
even tho Obama has been in office for a year and no sign of him doing this, prices remain high! why??? because now you have fear mongering Glenn beck and his cock sucking cronies telling everyone the end is nigh, and to prepare for revolution. so now the far right 10-15% of the nation owns practically 90% of the ammo in the world. hoarding it, for some elusive day of reckoning when the tea-baggers march on washington DC, firearms in hand, for some reason???

Glenn Beck is the epitome of douche bag. I think he just spits shit out of his mouth for the hell of it.

QFT! Cannot stand Glenn Beck, and I've got a high tolerance for douchebaggery. Ask Matt.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Legionnaire

avatar

Posts : 161
Join date : 2009-05-20
Age : 79
Location : Hell Rio, Tx

PostSubject: Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:47 pm

Auctoris wrote:
haha I just lost my post to the internet too. Poo!

Short version of my post: The History Channel, on a show, said the US military was going to stop making bullets out of lead for various reasons...true or no?

i havent heard much about this, but im pretty far removed from the ground-pounding, door-kicking, bullet side of the military. i know armor piercing rounds have been commonly in use for quite some time and they have only a thin lead "mantle" surrounding a tungsten steel penatrator if i recall correctly. in 5.56mm theyre great for shooting thru doors and dry wall and such but have notoriously poor terminal ballistics in the insides of bad guys. but im a 7.62 fanboy so im a little biased. but yeah, just saying a 7.62 ball has better penetration to the 5.56 AP round with far better terminal ballistics... granted its heavy and bulky and near useless for full auto

but yeah back to your original post, im not sure what theyd replace the lead with for standard ball ammo if this were true... lead is awesome for bullets, as it is both dense and somewhat soft, offering a balance between penetration and deformation, both of which can be key to killing power. the softeness is also a plus on barrel life, i know people experimented with steel core bullets for awhile and it just chewed the hell out of the barrels, where the lead deforms nicely into the barrel and engages the grooves of the rifling without wearing it out ridiculously fast.
and most of all lead is just plain cheap because it is pretty much worthless for any other application due to toxicity(which is another plus for bullets IMO).

_________________
Back to top Go down
Zero
Liability
avatar

Posts : 117
Join date : 2009-06-03
Age : 32
Location : In Absentia

PostSubject: Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:16 pm

welcome back boobilicious! i have nothing to add about guns...although i want to say my red ryder still works perfectly and that's all that really matters to me.

i love your pictures todd...my favorite are definitely the ones at dusk and night. it gives it a strange video game quality to it like squeaky said.


Last edited by Zero on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Legionnaire

avatar

Posts : 161
Join date : 2009-05-20
Age : 79
Location : Hell Rio, Tx

PostSubject: Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:28 pm

you mean rough rider. just dont forget to change the batteries Twisted Evil

_________________
Back to top Go down
Zero
Liability
avatar

Posts : 117
Join date : 2009-06-03
Age : 32
Location : In Absentia

PostSubject: Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:29 pm

Legionnaire wrote:
you mean rough rider. just dont forget to change the batteries Twisted Evil

papa like Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
B(.Y.)BS

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Ever



Posts : 143
Join date : 2009-05-19
Location : On a Quark

PostSubject: Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:39 am

Auctoris wrote:
haha I just lost my post to the internet too. Poo!

Short version of my post: The History Channel, on a show, said the US military was going to stop making bullets out of lead for various reasons...true or no?

Very possible. I could see Military switching to Teflon. However Teflon bullets are extremely pricey and illegal to have.
Back to top Go down
Legionnaire

avatar

Posts : 161
Join date : 2009-05-20
Age : 79
Location : Hell Rio, Tx

PostSubject: Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:54 pm

squeaks, im pretty sure teflon is just the coating of the bullet, and the bullets arent solid teflon. although, you may be right, it would be possible for them to use steel bullets (or other hard, cheap metal) with a teflon coating and that would reduce the barrel wear associated with non-lead cores

also, if i recall, teflon bullets are only explicitly illegal in a few states. in most states they are considered AP bullets (even tho they arent really armor piercing) and are merely restricted thru various taxes and licensing and such

_________________
Back to top Go down
Ever



Posts : 143
Join date : 2009-05-19
Location : On a Quark

PostSubject: Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:32 am

Legionnaire wrote:
squeaks, im pretty sure teflon is just the coating of the bullet, and the bullets arent solid teflon. although, you may be right, it would be possible for them to use steel bullets (or other hard, cheap metal) with a teflon coating and that would reduce the barrel wear associated with non-lead cores

also, if i recall, teflon bullets are only explicitly illegal in a few states. in most states they are considered AP bullets (even tho they arent really armor piercing) and are merely restricted thru various taxes and licensing and such

It will be hard to say what you will actually coat with nowadays. Price of metals seems to fluctuate and america based on capitalism we could see maybe a good quality metal or a shit metal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!   

Back to top Go down
 
I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quietus Forum :: Open Forum-
Jump to: